A few notes on the demonstration:
- The Windows Server 2012 client and Samba server are connected via an old 100 Mb/s switch, which obviously acts as a network throughput bottleneck in the traditional copy demonstration.
- The Samba server resembles the 4.1.0 code-base, but includes an extra patch to disable server-side copy requests on the regular share.
Many thanks to:
- My colleagues at SUSE Linux, for supporting my implementation efforts.
- The Samba Team, particularly Metze and Jeremy, for reviewing the code.
- Kdenlive developers, for writing a great video editing suite.
Update (July, 2014): Usage is now fully documented on the Samba Wiki.